- In the Budget speech,the finance minister has hailed the benefits that were provided by National Common Mobility Card(NCMC).
- National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) also known as One Nation One Card is an inter-operable transport card conceived by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs of the Government of India.
- The transport card enables the user to pay for travel,toll duties( toll tax) , retail shopping and withdraw money.
- The card is enabled through the RuPay card mechanism.The NCMC card is issuable as a prepaid, debit, or credit RuPay card from partnered banks such as the State Bank of India, Bank of india,Punjab National Bank, and others.
- The card will be supported by Swagat which is an indigenously developed Automatic Fare Collection Gate and Sweekar that is an Open Loop Automatic Fare Collection System that were both launched by Prime Minister on 4th March,2019.
1 min read