- Finance minister has said that the government aims to bring greater ease of living in the lives of its citizens.
- This can be achieved through the use of technology as digital payments are gaining acceptance everywhere including by the Government.
- The Finance Minister also said that about 30 lakh workers have joined the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan.The Scheme aims at providing Rs 3,000 per month as pension on attaining the age of 60 to crores of workers in unorganized and informal sectors.
- The Finance Minister also said that around 35 crore LED bulbs have been distributed under UJALA Yojana leading to cost saving of Rs. 18,341 crore annually.
- The main objective of the Ujala scheme is to promote efficient lighting, enhance awareness on using efficient equipment which reduces electricity bills and helps in preserving the environment.
- The Electricity Distribution Company and Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) is a public body which is implementing the programme.
- Further,the minister also said that Government will launch a massive programme of railway station modernization this year to make railway travel a pleasant and satisfying experience for the common citizen.
2 min read