- The government has proposed to expand the women self help groups (SHGs) interest subvention programme to all districts.
- The minister has proposed that for every verified women Self Help Group (SHG) member,having a Jan Dhan Bank Account an overdraft of Rs.5,000 will be allowed.
- One woman in every SHG will also be made eligible for a loan up to Rs. 1 lakh under the MUDRA Scheme.
- The minister has said that Government has supported and encouraged women entrepreneurship through various schemes such as MUDRA, Stand UP India and the Self Help Group(SHG) movement.
- Self-Help Groups (SHGs) are informal associations of people who choose to come together to find ways to improve their living conditions.
- It can be defined as self governed, peer controlled information group of people with similar socio-economic background and having a desire to collectively perform common purpose.
1 min read