News: Gujarat high court rejected more than 100 pleas challenging the land acquisition process for Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail (MAHSR) Project.
- The E5 Shinkansen series Bullet Train Project (Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail (MAHSR) is an India-Japan joint venture.
- The agreement was signed with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). The project was inaugurated in 2017 and is scheduled for its first run in 2022. The project is a first of its kind in India.
- Originating at the Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai and terminating at the Sabarmati, the high speed train corridor will pass through Gujarat, Maharashtra and Dadra& Nagar Haveli.
- The proposed corridor lies in Western Railway zone.
- National High Speed Rail Corporation (NHSRCL) is the implementing agency of the project.
National High Speed Rail Corporation (NHSRCL)
- It was incorporated in 2016 under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Its mandate is to finance, construct, maintain and manage the High Speed Rail Corridor in India.
- The Company has been modelled as ‘Special Purpose Vehicle’ in the joint sector with equity participation by Central Government through Ministry of Railways and two State Governments viz. Government of Gujarat and Government of Maharashtra.