Skip to content
- Union Cabinet has approved the Dibang Multipurpose Project (MPP) in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Dibang Multipurpose Project is envisaged as a storage-based hydro-electric project with flood moderation as the key objective.
- The construction of project shall prevent the sizeable downstream area from floods.
- This is the largest ever hydro-electric projects to be constructed in India. The dam is 278 metres high and will be the highest dam in India once completed.
- Further,this project is located on river Dibang in Lower Dibang Valley District of Arunachal Pradesh.