News:Union Minister of Consumer Affairs has launched the ‘Consumer App’.
About the app:
- The app aims to provide a one stop solution for consumer grievance redressal across the nation via mobile phones.
- The complaint status will be monitored on a daily basis by the ministry and on a weekly basis by the minister personally.
- The registered consumer will be informed about their complaint via SMS/email with a unique number which can be tracked by the consumer.
- There will be time bound resolution of all grievances and those that are simple in nature will be resolved within 20 days.
- Those that requires feedback from companies will be resolved within 2 months/60 days.
- If after 60 days the grievance is not resolved, the consumer will be advised to proceed to consumer forum.
- Further,the consumer will also be informed before closure of a complaint and if the consumer is not satisfied then the complaint will be referred further to the concerned department.