- The CEO of Ayushman Bharat has said that there has been an attempted security breach to get illegal access to large medical data including sensitive personal information.
- Further,National Health Authority which administers the programme has also written to all State Governments alerting them about the threat and has said that no sensitive data be shared.
- Ayushman Bharat or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PMJAY) is the National Health Protection Scheme which targets to cover over 10 crore poor vulnerable families (around 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage of up to ₹5 lakh (per family per year) for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.The benefit cover includes pre and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- It has subsumed the on-going centrally sponsored schemes –Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).It is an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the Socio Economic Caste Census database.
- The National Health Authority(NHA) has been established to administer the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PMJAY).It has replaced the National Health Agency
- The NHA’s governing board is chaired by the Minister for Health and Family Welfare while its members includes NITI Aayog CEO and NHA CEO.The ministry’s role is limited to acting as the nodal ministry for NHA in parliamentary matters like the presentation of annual reports.
6 min read