News: Department of Biotechnology(DBT) Secretary has inaugurated the Pune-based Center for Biopharma Analysis(CBA).
- Aim: To provide high-quality analytical services to biopharmaceutical developers and manufacturers and create long lasting value for bio-entrepreneurs and industry.
- This centre is supported by the National Biopharma Mission of the Department of Biotechnology(DBT) and Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council(BIRAC).
- National Biopharma Mission(NBM): It is an industry-academia collaborative mission for accelerating biopharmaceutical development in the country.
- Launched Year: It was launched in 2017 at a total cost of Rs 1500 crore and is 50% co-funded by World Bank loan.
- Implementation: Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).