- Defence Ministry has signed an MOU with the Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell(IPFC) and National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) in connection to the mission Raksha Gyan Shakti.
- The MoU aims to bridge the capacity shortfall and provide a major fillip to the ongoing efforts of the Defence Ministry towards promoting a culture of Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights(IPR) in the Defence industry.
- Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti has been instituted by the Department of Defence Production as a part of the ongoing initiatives to enhance self-reliance in defence.The mission aims to provide a boost to the IPR culture in indigenous defence industry.
- The Directorate General of Quality Assurance(DGQA) has been entrusted with the responsibility of coordinating and implementing the programme.
- Under this mission,an IPFC has been established under the aegis of DGQA which has within a short span of a year achieved the challenging target of training more than 12,000 personnel on IPR and facilitating the filing of more than 1000 new IPR applications.
- Intellectual Property Rights(IPR) provide certain exclusive rights to the inventors or creators of that property in order to enable them to reap commercial benefits from their creative efforts or reputation.There are several types of intellectual property protection such as patent,copyright, trademark among others.
- NRDC was established in 1953 by the Government of India with the primary objective to promote, develop and commercialise the technologies,inventions and patents from various national institutions and Universities.It is presently working under the administrative control of Ministry of Science & Technology.
- DGQA works under Ministry of Defence.This organisation provides Quality Assurance (QA) cover for the entire range of Arms,Ammunitions, Equipments and Stores supplied to Armed Forces.
3 min read