News:The Dhanush gun system was showcased for the first time at the 71st Republic Day parade.
- Dhanush is the first indigenous long-range artillery gun developed by Ordnance Factory Board(OFB) and manufactured by the Gun Carriage Factory.
- The gun is a 155 mm-45 caliber gun with a maximum range of 36.5 km and the capability of automatic alignment and positioning.
- It is equipped with inertial navigation-based sighting system, auto-laying facility, onboard ballistic computation and an advanced day and night direct firing system.
About Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)
- Ordnance Factory Board(OFB) is the oldest and largest industrial setup which functions under the Department of Defence Production of the Ministry of Defence.
- It is engaged in research, development, production, testing, marketing and logistics of a comprehensive product range in the areas of air, land and sea systems.