- The government has decided to frame a policy for vehicle pooling in its bid to reduce private vehicles on roads.
- This will allow private vehicles to ferry passengers but the policy will limit it to just 3-4 such trips in a day. Further,private vehicles will be linked to aggregators accredited by the state transport departments to ensure the safety of passengers.
- These aggregators will have to keep the KYC of the passengers for their safety.Private vehicles opting for this service will also need to have insurance for occupants.
- The details of such vehicles will be linked to Vahan database(registered vehicles) to prevent their owners to attach the same vehicle with more than one aggregator to breach the number of trips in a day which will be fixed.
- There would also be a clear-cut provision to bar aggregators from offering any incentive for the vehicle owners to encourage them for more trips.
6 min read