News:Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has informed Lok Sabha that there are certain incentives to encourage participation of Persons with Disabilities(PwD) under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
About Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana(PMKVY):
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship(MSDE).
- The scheme was launched in the year 2015.It is implemented by National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC).
- The objective of this Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
- The scheme aims to cover 10 million youth during the period 2016 -2020.
Components of the scheme:
- Short Term Training: Training as per National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) is provided to those who are either school/college dropouts or unemployed.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):An individual with a certain set of skills or with prior learning experience is assessed and certified under RPL with grade according to the NSQF.
- Special Projects: This component ensures training in special areas and premises of government bodies and corporate. It aims to encourage training in vulnerable and marginalized groups of society.
- Training Partners(TPs):They are mandated to organize Kaushal and Rozgar Melas every six months, thus providing placement assistance to certified ones.
- Monitoring:To ensure that high standards of quality are maintained by training centres,NSDC and empaneled inspection agencies shall use various methodologies such as self audit reporting, call validations among others.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a not-for-profit public limited company incorporated in 2008 under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956
- The Government of India through Ministry of Skills Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) holds 49% of the share capital of NSDC while the private sector has the balance 51% of the share capital.
- The overall objective of NSDC is to create training capacity in the country, fund vocational training initiatives and create a market ecosystem for skill development.