News:Recently,a meeting was organised under Samarth-Scheme for Capacity Building in Textiles sector(SCBTS) to familiarize the stakeholders about the scheme and its guidelines.
About Samarth-Scheme for Capacity Building in Textiles sector(SCBTS):
- Samarth is a skill development scheme under the Union Ministry of Textiles.
- The scheme aims to provide skill development to the youth for gainful and sustainable employment in the textile sector covering entire value chain of textiles excluding spinning and weaving.
Objectives of the scheme:
- To provide demand driven, placement oriented National Skills Qualifications Framework(NSQF) compliant skilling programmes.
- To promote skilling and skill upgradation in the traditional sectors of handlooms, handicrafts, sericulture and jute.
- To enable provision of sustainable livelihood either by wage or self employment to all sections of the society across the country.
Target:The Scheme targets to train 10 lakh persons (9 lakhs in organised & 1 lakh in traditional sector).
Implementation:The skilling programmes would be implemented through following Implementing Agencies:
- Textile Industry.
- Institutions/Organization of the Ministry of Textile/State Governments having training infrastructure and placement tie-ups with textile industry.
- Reputed training institutions/ NGOs/ Societies/ Trusts/ Organizations/ Companies /Startups / Entrepreneurs active in textile sector having placement tie-ups with textile industry.
- National Skills Qualifications Framework(NSQF) is a quality assurance framework which organizes qualifications according to a series of levels of knowledge, skills and aptitude.
- These levels are defined in terms of learning outcomes which the learner must possess regardless of whether they were acquired through formal, non-formal or informal learning.