News:The United Nations World Food Programme(WFP) has launched a cinema advertisement campaign ‘Feed Our Future’ for India.
About the Feed Our Future:
- The campaign aims to raise awareness and take steps against hunger and malnutrition in India.
- The purpose of the campaign is also to build a curiosity in the audience to search ‘ShareTheMeal’ app which integrates food donation.
- ShareTheMeal is an app of UN WFP against global hunger.The app enables users to make small donations to specific WFP projects and track its progress.
About World Food Programme(WFP):
- The World Food Programme(WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide.It is the food assistance branch of the United Nations.
- The WFP aims to eradicate hunger and malnutrition with the ultimate goal of eliminating the need for food aid itself.
- It was established in 1961 after the 1960 Food and Agricultural Organization(FAO) Conference.It is headquartered in Rome, Italy.
- It is a member of the United Nations Development Group and part of its Executive Committee.
- The WFP operations are funded by voluntary donations from world governments, corporations and private donors.