News:Union Minority Affairs Minister has said that the Government will provide employment opportunities to lakhs of artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts through Hunar Haat in the next 5 years.
About Hunar Haat:
- The Hunar Haat is an exhibition of handicrafts, embroidery made by artisans from the Minority Communities.
- Hunar Haats are organised by Ministry of Minority Affairs under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
- The Haats have become a successful mission to provide employment and opportunities for artisans, craftsmen and culinary experts in national as well international markets.
- The scheme Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development(USTTAD) was launched in 2015.
- The Scheme aims at preserving & promoting the rich heritage of the traditional arts & crafts of the Minority communities.
- The scheme also aims to engage the trained master craftsmen/artisans in training of minority youth in various specific traditional arts/crafts.