News:United Nations Global Compact(UNGC) has released a study on women’s participation in India’s labour force.
Key Highlights of the Study:
- India is the only country among the 153 surveyed countries where the economic gender gap is larger than the political gap.
- Female labour-force participation in India has declined from 34% in 2006 to 24.8% in 2020.
- Raising women’s participation in the labour force to the same level as men can boost India’s GDP by 27%.
- The United Nations Global Compact is a non-binding United Nations pact formed in 2000.
- It aims to encourage companies worldwide to adopt sustainable and socially responsible policies based on 10 principles categorised into human rights, anti-corruption, environment and labour.