News: At the launch programme of Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh (BPKK), eminent agricultural scientist, Dr. M. S. Swaminathan has put forward a Five-point action plan which needs to be implemented to make India nutrition secure.
Five –point Action Plan:
- Ensure calorie rich diet for women, expectant mothers and children
- Ensure intake of proteins in the form of pulses to eradicate protein hunger in women and children
- Eradicate hidden hunger due to deficiency of micro nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin B, Iron and Zinc
- Ensure clean drinking water supply
- Spreading nutrition literacy in every village particularly in mothers with children less than 100 days’ old
Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh (BPKK):
- It has been launched by Ministry of Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- The BPKK will be a repository of diverse crops across 128 agro-climatic zones in India for better nutritional outcomes.