News:The Ganga-Volga Dialogue was held between India and Russia in New Delhi.
About Ganga-Volga Dialogue:
- The Ganga Volga Dialogue was conceptualized during 2018 India Russia Summit between Russian President and Indian Prime Minister.
- The dialogue was organised by the Ministry of External Affairs in collaboration with Dr.Syama Prasad Mookerjee Research Foundation.
- The objective of the dialogue was to provide a platform for enhancing the special and privileged strategic partnership between India and Russia.
- Theme of the dialogue:Connectivity
Key takeaways from the dialogue:The dialogue discussed the following key proposals
- Impact of rapidly changing international situation
- Ways of implementation of decisions taken in India-Russia Summit held in September 2019 at Vladivostok.
- Development of economic activities in the riverine systems of Ganga and Volga.