News:Nagoba Jatara festival is being celebrated by the Mesram Raj Gonds and Pardhans in Telangana State.
About Nagoba Jatara:
- Nagoba Jatara is a tribal festival held in Adilabad district,Telangana, India.
- It is the second biggest tribal carnival and celebrated by Mesaram clan of Gond tribes for 10 days.
- The Gusadi Dance performance by dancers from the Gond tribe is a major special attraction of the event.
About Gond Tribe:
- Gonds are one of the largest tribal groups in the world.They mostly live in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Odisha.
- They majorly speak Gondi which is an unwritten language of the Dravidian family.
- The Gond staple food is two kinds of millet namely kodo and kutki.Rice is mostly consumed during festival feasts.