- The Rajasthan government has been accused of not providing requisite information about farmers eligible for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. The scheme was recently launched from Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh and 1 crore farmers were provided with the first instalment of Rs. 2000.
- The centre had directed the states/UTs prepare data base of beneficiaries of small and marginal farmers in villages.
- The PM Kisan scheme seeks to a) provide assured supplemental income to the most vulnerable farmer families, b) meet farmers’ emergent needs especially before the harvest season.
- Under the scheme, a direct income support of Rs 6,000/annum will be provided to small and marginalised farmers. The financial assistance will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiary in 3 equal instalments
- The government has defined a small and marginal landholder family as the one comprising of husband, wife and minor children up to 18 years of age, who collectively own cultivable land up to 2 hectare as per the land records of the concerned states.
2 min read