- On the occasion of Global intergovernmental meeting, the global health leaders has adopted the ‘Delhi Declaration’ on digital health for sustainable development.
- The global intergovernmental meeting on digital health was hosted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Global Digital Health Partnership (GDHP).
- The declaration called World Health Organization(WHO) to establish a specific mechanism to centrally coordinate digital health to assist its Member States.
- An example of application of Digital Health for sustainable development is telemedicine, remote care and mobile health delivering care in people’s homes, instead of in hospitals and clinics.Telemedicine is the use of telecommunication and information technology to provide health services from a distance.
- It also marks India’s commitment in maximizing digital health investments to ensure Universal Health Coverage and realize goals of Ayushman Bharat scheme.Ayushman Bharat aims to undertake path breaking interventions to holistically address health (covering prevention, promotion and ambulatory care), at primary, secondary and tertiary level.
2 min read