- The Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog has decided to establish a cow circuit to encourage cow tourism in India.
- The cow circuit will pass through places in the country that breed indigenous cows. The Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog has identified the states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala and Goa for the cow circuit.
- At these places, the importance of indigenous cows will also be propagated to attract researchers. Further, the tourist places will also sell cow-based products which will help boost cow-based economy.
- The Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog was established by an order of the central government in February
- It seeks for conservation protection and development of cows and their progeny.
- The major functions of the Aayog is to a) provide the policy framework and direction to the cow conservation and development programmes and b) ensure proper implementation of laws with respect to the welfare of cows.
6 min read