Skip to content
- India has decided to organize an annual global investors meet in the country similar to the World Economic Forum(WEF) in Davos.
- The idea for holding a summit is being mooted at a time the government is looking to attract more investments from overseas.This will spur economic growth and generate more jobs.
- India also wants to tap investors who can help fund ₹100 crore to build infrastructure over the next five years.
- The summit will be anchored by the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund(NIIF).
- NIIF was set up in 2015 as an investment vehicle for funding commercially viable greenfield, brownfield and stalled projects in the infrastructure sector.
- NIIF invests in areas such as energy, transportation, housing, water, waste management and other infrastructure-related sectors in India.