News: The Centre has sanctioned 15 thousand crore rupees for India COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package.
- The funds sanctioned will be utilized for immediate COVID-19 Emergency Response (amount of Rs.7774 crores) and rest for medium-term support (1-4 years).
- Development of diagnostics and COVID-19 dedicated treatment facilities,
- centralized procurement of essential medical equipment and drugs required for treatment of infected patients,
- strengthen and build resilient National and State health systems to support prevention and preparedness for future disease outbreaks,
- setting up of laboratories and improve surveillance activities,
- biosecurity preparedness,
- pandemic research and conduct risk communication activities.
- Implementing Agency: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.