- The Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) has launched the National Data Quality Forum(NDQF) to improve data collection and use.
- The NDQF was launched in collaboration between the National Institute for Medical Statistics(NIMS) and global non profit organisation Population Council.
- NDQF will integrate learnings from scientific and evidence-based initiatives and guide actions through periodic workshops and conferences.
- The activities of the NDQF will help towards establishing protocols and good practices when dealing with data collection, storage, use and dissemination which can be applied to health and demographic data as well as replicated across industries and sectors.
- The ICMR is the apex and premier medical research organization in the country which spearheads planning, formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research.It works under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- NIMS is one of the permanent institutes of Institutes of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).It is India’s only institute to coordinate and standardize the collection of medical and health statistics in the country.
- The Institute came into existence in the year 1977 with the mandate to provide technical expertise on research methodology, programme evaluation, mathematical modeling, data analysis etc.
2 min read