News: India has extended USD 1 million assistance to Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Countries.
- CARICOM Community: It was formed in 1973 as a grouping of twenty countries: fifteen Member States and five Associate Members.
- Objective: To promote economic integration and cooperation among its members, to ensure that the benefits of integration are equitably shared, and to coordinate foreign policy.
- Members: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad & Tobago.
- Headquarters: Georgetown, Guyana.
- Significance: CARICOM is an official United Nations Observer.