News:The IMD World Talent Ranking- 2019 has been released.
About IMD World Talent Ranking:
- The World Talent Ranking is released by the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) based in Switzerland.
- The ranking is based on the performance in three main categories namely investment and development, appeal and readiness.
- The three categories assess how countries perform in a wide range of areas.These include education, apprenticeships, workplace training, language skills, cost of living, quality of life, remuneration and tax rates.
Key takeaways from the ranking:
- Switzerland retained its title as the world’s top talent hub and topped the ranking followed by Denmark and Sweden.
- The countries at the top of the rankings share strong levels of investment in education and a high quality of life.
- India has slipped 6 places from 53rd in 2018 to 59th rank this year on a global annual list of 63 countries.
- India also lagged behind BRICS countries with China ranked 42nd on the list, Russia (47th) and South Africa(50th).However,Brazil was ranked at 61st place behind India.
- India witnessed one of the sharpest declines among the Asian economies due to (a)low quality of life (b)negative impact of brain drain, and (c)low priority of its economy on attracting and retaining talents.