- Vice President of India has inaugurated the longest electrified railway tunnel in the country.
- The railway tunnel was commissioned by the South Central Railway (SCR) in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The electrified tunnel is a 6.7-km-long tunnel situated between Cherlopalli and Rapuru stations.
- The tunnel is part of 112-km long railway line project between Krishnapatnam port and Obulavaripalli.
- The railway line was constructed to ensure smooth transportation of minerals and industrial goods to and from the port.The new line also facilitates direct and viable connectivity between South Coast and West Coast.
1 min read