- Indian Naval Ship Tarkash which is a front-line warship of the Indian Navy has entered the port of Bergen Norway as part of Western Fleet Overseas Deployment.
- The port call by INS Tarkash at Bergen is a demonstration of India’s warm ties with Norway.INS Tarkash is one of the most potent frontline frigates of the Indian Navy equipped with a versatile range of weapons and sensors.
- During the port call,various dignitaries and government officials of Norway are scheduled to visit the ship.In addition to social engagements, best practices will also be shared between the Indian and Royal Norwegian Navies.
- India has cordial and friendly relations since 1947 with Norway.The bilateral cooperation between the two countries is progressed through the India-Norway Joint Commission Meetings.
- Indian Navy ships are regularly deployed as part of Indian Navy’s mission of building ‘bridges of friendship’ and strengthening international cooperation with friendly countries.
- The ship visit to Norway comes amidst growing importance and convergence of national goals towards shared maritime interest and deepening of ties between both the countries.
2 min read