- Invest India’ is India’s official agency dedicated to investment promotion and facilitation. It is under Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It was formed in 2009 under Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956
- Invest India is set up as a joint venture company between the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), and State Governments of India.
- Invest India provides sector-specific and state-specific information to a foreign investor, assists in expediting regulatory approvals, and offers hand-holding services.
- It also assists Indian investors to make informed choices about investment opportunities overseas.
- Invest India also looks after India Investment Grid (IIG). IIG is an online platform to showcase investment opportunities in India to global investors.
- It also handles a project called Accelerating Growth of New India’s Innovations (AGNIi). AGNIi aims to support the ongoing efforts to boost the innovation ecosystem in India. It connects innovators across industry, individuals and the grassroots to the market and help commercialise their innovative solutions.
2 min read