- Iran has unveiled an improved radar air defence missile system called Falaq.
- The Falaq is said to be an upgraded version of the current Gamma system which military experts said was of Russian origin.
- The missile can detect enemy missiles and drones from more than 400 kms away.The system also has high capabilities and can detect all types of cruise and ballistic missiles and drones.
- This announcement comes at a time of rising tension between Iran and the United States.
- Earlier,Iran had shot down a US military surveillance drone in the Gulf with a surface-to-air missile.Iran had said that the drone was over its territory but US had said that it was in international air space.
1 min read