- Ireland has became the second nation in the world after Britain to declare a climate emergency.
- The Ireland parliamentary report has also called upon the parliament to examine how the Irish government can improve its response to the issue of biodiversity loss.
- The declaration of climate emergency is a call for governments across the world to change their behavior towards the climate and biodiversity.It also involves drastic cut down of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
- Recently,Britain’s parliament became the first nation in the world to declare a climate emergency.The British government has aimed to reduce carbon emissions by 80% (compared to 1990 levels) by 2050.
- This declaration came after street protests in London by the Extinction Rebellion environmental campaign group.The environmental group’s ultimate aim is to slash global greenhouse gas emissions to zero by 2025 and to biodiversity loss.
5 min read