News: United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF) has released a report titled “Remote Learning Reachability report”.
- Purpose: The report outlines the limitations to remote learning and exposes deep inequalities in access.
- At least a third of the world’s schoolchildren which works to around 463 million could not access remote learning since schools have been shut down because of Covid-19.
- In India, at least 1.5 million schools are closed because of the pandemic, which is affecting 286 million students from pre-primary to secondary levels of which 49% are girls.
- Reimagine Campaign: It is a global campaign launched by UNICEF to prevent the COVID-19 pandemic from becoming a lasting crisis for children especially the most vulnerable children such as those affected by poverty, exclusion or family violence.
- UNICEF: It is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.
- Origin: It is the successor of the International Children’s Emergency Fund(ICEF) created in 1946.
- Headquarters: New York City, US.