News: The Lok Sabha has passed National Forensic Science University Bill 2020, Rashtriya Raksha University Bill, 2020 and Bilateral Netting of Qualified Financial Contracts Bill, 2020.
National Forensic Science University Bill, 2020:
- It establishes National Forensic Science University as an institute of national importance.
- The proposed university would facilitate and promote studies and research and help achieve excellence in the field of forensic science along with applied behavioural science studies, law, criminology and other allied areas.
Rashtriya Raksha University Bill, 2020:
- It seeks to provide for the establishment of the Rashtriya Raksha University, Gujarat.
- Key objectives of the University:
- providing dynamic and high standards of learning and research,
- providing a working environment dedicated to advancing research, education and training in the domain of policing.
Bilateral Netting of Qualified Financial Contracts Bill, 2020: It seeks to provide a legal framework for bilateral netting of qualified financial contracts which are over the counter derivatives contracts.