- London Mayor has urged United Kingdom Prime Minister to delay Brexit by either extending the notice period for Article 50, or by withdrawing Article 50.
- Article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon gives any EU member state the right to quit unilaterally and outlines the procedure for doing so. It gives the leaving country two years to negotiate an exit deal.UK triggered Article 50 in 2016 and the deadline for the deal is March 29,2019.
- UK is currently on course to leave without an agreement after MPs overwhelmingly rejected the Brexit deal which the UK PM had struck with the EU late last year.
- Brexit is a term used to define United Kingdom coming out of EU. During a referendum in 2016,UK voted by a narrow margin in favour of Brexit. Negotiations are undergoing currently between United Kingdom and European Parliament to negotiate the terms of the exit deal.
- European Union is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe.A monetary union was established in 1999 and came into full force in 2002 and is composed of 19 EU member states which use the euro currency.The EU and European citizenship were established when the Maastricht Treaty came into force in 1993
2 min read