- South Central Railway(SCR) has commissioned the longest electrified tunnel in Indian Railways in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The electrified tunnel is situated between Cherlopalli and Rapuru stations and is part of the railway line between Obulavaripalli– Venkatachalam – Krishnapatnam Port.
- It is constructed in the shape of ‘Horse Shoe’ on New Australian Tunnelling Method.
- The new line also facilitates direct and viable connectivity between South Coast and West Coast.
- It also opens up the viable rail connectivity between Krishnapatnam Port and its hinterland for freight train services.
1 min read