News: PM-Kisan scheme has kept out a large section of Indian farmers from its ambit due to design discrepancies.
About PM KISAN:
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from Government of India. It was announced by then Finance Minister in February 2019.
- Under the Scheme an income support of Rs.6000/- per year is provided to all farmer families across the country in three equal installments of Rs.2000/- each every four months.
- Definition of family for the Scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
- The entire responsibility of identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State / UT Governments.
- The fund is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- The scheme is implemented by Ministry of Agriculture and Framers Welfare.