News:Union Ministry of External Affairs will be hosting the 6th Indian Ocean Dialogue(IOD) and Delhi Dialogue at Delhi,India.
About the Indian Ocean Dialogue(IOD):
- The Indian Ocean Dialogue(IOD) is a flagship initiative of the Indian Ocean Rim Association(IORA).
- The dialogue has its origins in the 13th Council of Ministers meeting, held in 2013 in Perth, Australia.
- The theme for 2019 Indian Ocean Dialogue is- ‘Indo-Pacific: Re-imagining the Indian Ocean through an Expanded Geography’.
- The dialogue is being organized with the assistance of the Indian Council for World Affairs(ICWA).
About the Delhi Dialogue:
- The Delhi Dialogue is a premier annual track 1.5 event to discuss politico-security, economic and socio-cultural engagement between India and ASEAN.
- The theme for 2019 Delhi Dialogue is- ‘Advancing Partnership in Indo-Pacific’.
- The dialogue is being organized with the assistance of Research and Information System for Developing Countries(RIS),a New Delhi–based autonomous policy research institute.
- Indian Council of World Affairs(ICWA) was established in 1943 by a group of Indian intellectuals as think tank.
- It was established as a non-official, non-political and non-profit organisation under Registration of Societies Act 1860.
- It was declared as an institution of national importance by Indian Council of World Affairs(ICWA),2001 enacted by Parliament.
- The Vice President of India is the ex-officio President of ICWA.
- The Indian Ocean Rim Association is an inter-governmental organisation which was established in 1997.
- The aim of IORA is to strengthen regional cooperation and sustainable development within the Indian Ocean Region.
- The Association comprises of 22 member states and 9 dialogue partners with Indian Ocean Tourism Organisation and the Indian Ocean Research Group having observer status.
- The Coordinating Secretariat of IORA is located at Ebene,Mauritius.