- The government of India has decided to award media houses for campaigns on the benefits of yoga ahead of the International Day of Yoga on June 21.
- The awards are open to media firms operating in 22 Indian languages and English.There will be 11 awards each in print, TV and radio categories.
- Yoga is an ancient practice that began in India more than 5,000 years ago.
- Yoga has been widely regarded as beneficial for curing various ailments pertaining to lifestyle and fitness.Various exercises of Yoga tend to give a holistic healing power to the body.
- The United Nations had declared June 21 as the International Day of Yoga in 2014 after India had called for the day to be adopted as a global celebration of yoga.
- The first International Yoga Day celebration was organised at Rajpath in New Delhi on June 21,2015.The International Day of Yoga,2019 celebrations will be held at Prabhat Tara in Ranchi,Jharkhand.
6 min read