- The US President has said that tariffs on Mexican goods will be indefinitely suspended after US and Mexico were able to reach a deal on immigration enforcement.
- Under the deal,Mexico agreed to (a)Deploy its National Guard throughout the country and (b)Take decisive action to tackle human smuggling networks
- On the other hand,the US agreed to expand its programme of sending asylum seekers back to Mexico while they await reviews of their claims.
- Further,both countries have agreed to strengthen bilateral cooperation over border security including coordinated actions and information sharing.
- The deal also says that discussions would continue between the two countries and final terms would be accepted and announced within 90 days.
5 min read