News: Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has launched the mobile app, “mHariyali”.
About the app:
- The app is aimed to encourage Public engagement in planting trees and other such Green drives.
- The App also provides for automatic geo-tagging of plants.
- This app will also enable nodal officers to periodically monitor the plantation.
Why was this initiative launched?
In 2019,Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs had selected 103 Central Government colonies to implement:
- Awareness and Construction of Roof top rainwater harvesting
- Cleaning and Greening of open space through plantation
- Sensitization on Source Segregation of household waste
- Orientation and Capacity building on Home Composting.