News:The Central government’s citizen engagement platform – MyGov has reached one crore registered users.
- MyGov is a citizen engagement platform founded by the Government of India in 2014.
- The platform is aimed at creating a common platform for Indian citizens to crowdsource governance ideas from citizens.Its users discuss and contribute to various government projects and plans.
- It promotes the active participation of Indian citizens in their country’s governance and development.
- The website is hosted and managed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
About National Informatics Centre(NIC):
- The National Informatics Centre (NIC) is an institute set up by the Indian government in 1976 to drive its technology and e-governance initiatives in the country.
- The institute is part of the Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology’s Department.
- NIC has the mandate to set up, implement and support all the information technology led-programs of the central and state governments and other government organizations in India.