- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) have joined hands for developing standards that will feed into the global consultation for managing Internet-of-Things devices.
- ICANN is a non-profit body that administers domain names and Internet protocol addresses (IPs) globally.It was formed in 1988 by the US department of commerce.It has become independent of US control since October 1st,2016.
- ICANN is responsible for coordinating the maintenance and procedures of several databases related to the namespaces and numerical spaces of the Internet ensuring the networks stable and secure operation.
- The Internet of Things(IoT) is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines that are provided with unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a trade association of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
5 min read