News:The Union Government has released the first National e-Governance Service Delivery Index Assessment (NeSDA).
About the index:
- The index has been prepared by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances(DARPG) with NASSCOM as the designated knowledge partner.
- It aimed at improving the overall e-Government development by evaluating the efficiency of service delivery mechanism from a citizen’s perspective.
- The index was based on seven key parameters namely accessibility, content availability, ease of use, information security and privacy, end-service delivery, integrated service delivery and status & request tracking.
Key takeaways from the Index:
- Kerala has topped the index.It was followed by Goa at the second spot and Haryana at the third spot.
- Bihar has not been considered at all for the rankings as it failed to give adequate data for the assessment.Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu are at the bottom of the list.
- The Ministry of Health & Family welfare was ranked at the top spot while the second position has been secured by the ministry of human resource development(MHRD).