News:The National Informatics Centre(NIC) is organising a 2-day technology Conclave in New Delhi.
About the Conclave:
- The Technology Conclave will discuss application of Information and Communication Technology.
- The theme for the 2020 conclave is “Technologies for NextGen Governance”.
About National Informatics Centre(NIC):
- The National Informatics Centre (NIC) is an institute set up by the Indian government in 1976 to drive its technology and e-governance initiatives in the country.
- The institute is part of the Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology’s Department.
- The centre has been a premier technology advisor in the introduction of several E-Governance initiatives of the Government of India.
Several E-Governance initiatives:
E-PANCHAYAT:It is an e-Governance initiative for the rural sector providing comprehensive software solution attempting automation of Gram Panchayat functions.
eNAM:National Agriculture Market (NAM) is a pan-India electronic trading portal which networks the existing APMC (Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee) mandis to create a unified national market for agricultural commodities.
JEEVAN PRAMAAN:It is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization.The service aims to streamline the process of issuing life certificate and make it a hassle-free experience for the pensioners.
KHOYA PAYA:The portal is a citizen-based website to exchange information on missing and found children.It has been developed by the Ministry of Women and Child Development and the Department of Electronics and Information Technology(DeitY).
NIKSHAY:It is a web enabled and case based monitoring application to monitor Revised National Tuberculosis Programme(RNTCP).It has been developed by National Informatics Centre(NIC).