News:The third Scorpene submarine, INS Karanj will be delivered to the Indian Navy by December 2020.
About INS Karanj:
- INS Karanj is a part of Project-75I.It is the third submarine of the first batch of six Kalvari-class submarines for the Indian Navy.
- The submarine has been designed by French naval defence and energy group and manufactured by Mazagon Dock Limited,an Indian shipyard in Mumbai.
About Project 75I:
- The Project 75 is a programme by the Indian Navy that entails building six Scorpene-Class attack submarines
- The six submarines are (a)INS Kalvari (b)INS Khanderi (c)INS Karanj (d)INS Vela (e)INS Vagir and (f)INS Vagsheer.
- These submarines have advanced Air-independent propulsion(AIP) systems to enable them to stay submerged for longer duration and substantially increase their operational range.
- They also feature advanced stealth capabilities such as a greater ability to suppress noise and acoustic signatures.