News:India has launched National Cancer Grid(NCG) Vishwam Cancer Care Connect in Vienna on the sidelines of 63rd General conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency(IAEA).
- NCG-Vishwam seeks to integrate the hospitals and relevant cancer care institutes from partner countries with the National Cancer Grid(NCG) of India.
About National Cancer Grid(NCG):
- NCG was established in 2012.It is managed by Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) and is funded by the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
- The objective of the NCG has been removing the disparity in Cancer Care.
- It is a network of major cancer centers, research institutes, patient groups and charitable institutions across India with the mandate of establishing uniform standards of patient care for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency(IAEA) is widely known as the world’s Atoms for Peace and Development.It was established as an autonomous organization in 1957.
- It seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and to inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons.
- It is headquartered in Vienna,Austria.It has 171 member states with one vote per member.
- Though established as an autonomous organisation,the IAEA reports to both the United Nations General Assembly and the UN Security Council.