News:The traditional Neermahal Jal Utsav festival has been concluded in Tripura.
About the festival:
- The traditional Neermahal Jal Utsav is a three days long festival which includes many programs like Manasha Mangal, boat race, swimming competition among others.
- Neermahal is a water palace built at the middle of Rudrasagar lake by Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya in 1930 as his summer resort being inspired by Mughal style of architecture.
- This is the largest water palace in India and one of two water palaces in India. The other water palace of India is located at Jal Mahal in Rajasthan.
About Rudrasagar lake:
- Rudrasagar Lake also known as Rudijala is a lake located in Melaghar, Tripura,India.
- The lake has been identified as one of the wetlands of National Importance for conservation and sustainable use based on its biodiversity and socio economic importance.
- Further,Ramsar site has included Rudrasagar Lake as a wetland of international importance.