News: The Global Status Report on Preventing Violence Against Children 2020 has been released.
- About the report: It was published by the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF, UNESCO, the Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General on Violence against Children and the End Violence Partnership.
- Purpose: It is a first of its kind report charting progress in 155 countries against the “INSPIRE” framework.
- INSPIRE Framework: It is a set of seven strategies for preventing and responding to violence against children.
- The seven strategies are: implementation and enforcement of laws; norms and values; safe environments; parent and caregiver support; income and economic strengthening; response and support services; and education and life skills.
- End Violence Partnership: It is a public-private partnership that unites governments, United Nations agencies, civil society, faith groups, the private sector, philanthropic foundations, academics and children around a single goal ending all forms of violence against children by 2030.