- Union Minister for Human Resource Development(HRD) has informed Lok sabha about the Prime Minister’s Research Fellows(PMRF) Scheme.
- The PMRF scheme is aimed at attracting the talent pool of the country to doctoral(Ph.D) programs of Indian Institutes of Technology(IITs) and Indian Institute of Science(IISc) for carrying out research in cutting edge science and technology domains with focus on national priorities.
- Under it,students who have completed or are in final year of B.Tech /Integrated M.Tech/ M.Sc courses in Science and Technology streams from IISc/IITs/IISERs/ NITs/IIITs will be offered direct admission in PhD programme in IITs/IISc.
- Further,selected students will be offered monthly fellowship of Rs.70,000 for first two years,Rs.75,000 for 3rd year and Rs.80,000 in 4th and 5th years.
- Each selected fellow student will also be provided research grant of Rs.2.00 lakh for a period of 5 years to cover their foreign travel expenses for presenting research papers in international conferences and seminars.
- The scheme will help tapping talent pool of country for carrying out research indigenously in cutting edge science and technology domains.
2 min read